Monday 9 September 2013

Different Type of Tiles and their Basic Cleaning Tips

Tiles are made from wide range of materials with individual characteristics. Tiles can be divided in 2 broad types (categories) - Synthetic tiles and Natural stone tiles. Due to their different characteristics it is essential to choose the right cleaner, knowing what features a particular tile has. It avoids unwanted harms for the tile and makes the cleaning process easy. 

The tile cleaning is dependent on the type of tiles, and in most case it is easy to maintain with regular care on primary level, here are several type of tiles are listed with some of their basic cleaning tips. 

Marble and Travertine Tile: Marble and Travertine tiles are natural stone tiles, these tiles are smooth, hard and cool in touch and offers a elegant and luxurious look. These types of tiles are relatively simple to maintain using the proper cleaning products such as natural pH cleaners. In marble and travertine tile cleaning a mops or cleaning cloth provides best cleaning results with normal pH cleaning solution. And for the safety of flooring it is good to avoid the acidic cleaner which harms its smoothness.
Marble tile cleaning tips by Melbourne Carpet Cleaning

Granite Tile: Granite tile is another type of natural stone tiles, unlike marble and travertine tiles it required proper maintenance regularly. It comes with police so periodically it required re-polishing to reduce the chances of staining. In granite tile cleaning it is important to choose a pure green cleaning method which is friendly with its polish and shine.
Granite tile cleaning tips by Melbourne Carpet Cleaning

Slate Tile: Slate tile is a unique pattern of natural stone tiles it comes with rugged and rusty look. This type of tile is porous and usually uneven in shape, it easily caught with stubborn stains so regular cleaning is very essential. In general maintenance neutral cleaners provides effective cleaning and in some cases bleach cleaners are required to clean this type of tiles.
Slate tile cleaning tips by Melbourne Carpet Cleaning

Porcelain Tile: Porcelain tiles are synthetic tiles, its characteristics are very similar to natural stone tiles so these are used as an alternative of stone tiles. These tiles are more durable and damage resistance and normally required very low maintenance. And in cleaning it seems as   breeze, just with soap and water the stains can be eliminate easily. But in matte finished tiles frequent and specialized cleaning is required.
Porcelain tile cleaning tips by Melbourne Carpet Cleaning

Ceramic Tile: Ceramic tile is highly popular type among in synthetic tiles. It provides large variety and better traction than natural stone tiles. Due to its good water and stain resistance no special cleaning solutions are required, it can comes out with effective cleaning results just with house hold dilute detergent solution.
Ceramic tile cleaning tips by Melbourne Carpet Cleaning

Saltillo Tile: Saltillo tile is unique tile pattern in synthetic tiles, it is made of with south western desert clay and gives a rich yellow and orange look. It is in a class by itself, each tile is pure handmade and no two tiles can found exactly same.  This lack of uniformity makes them difficult and consequently expensive to install.  And it required heavy maintenance thereafter once installed. In cleaning process it highly opposes chemical cleaners and recommends pure green cleaning methods. 
Saltillo tile cleaning tips by Melbourne Carpet Cleaning

Cork Tile: Cork tiles are mainly used in kitchen and bathroom due to its high friction, impact, moisture, dust, bacteria, mold, and rot resistance quality. It is also popular due to its sound proof property. This type of tiles required very law maintenance. During installation acrylic varnish is required to apply and when it got dull you can re-apply. Otherwise a natural pH cleaner is very good option for cleaning.
Cork tile cleaning tips by Melbourne Carpet Cleaning



25 comments:

  1. I have been extremely pleased with sweets on both occasions Tile & Grout Cleaner have come to my home. 1 of those times it was an emergency call. The stain on my carpet came up with ease and it never returned http://sweeneycleaning.net/locations/siesta-key-fl/.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right, there is very different types of tiles and different types of tiles and grout needs different types of tiles and grout cleaning services. Today many techniques are using in the market for cleaning. We also best tiles and grout cleaners in Sydney. We also using best techniques to clean tiles and grout that is safe for all types of tiles and grout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great information shared. Another great Carpet Cleaning Spartanburg SC, they provide great services. Looking forward to more great information.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wow! thankyou author for sharing your very well explained and informative work. Meanwhile, if you are in need and looking for a office carpet cleaning, here’s also the https://www.cottoncare.com.sg feel free to message us or visit our website, we offer you this at a very affordable price. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was really motivates me to write also about this carpet shampooing singapore someday, because it makes me amazed to many things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. carpet cleaning is highly recommended to those people who don't have much time in doing household chores like this, It was so nice to see this kind of blogs related to this matter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’ve seen in your writings that it seems memorable to you the benefits of carpet cleaning singapore which I think push you to write this ineffable blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will keep in my mind author what you spill out to us today about carpet cleaning service, maybe you want some relevant information from other sites, you should check cotton care now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I was thinking about carpet shampooing service I really don’t have any idea about it, so my remedy for this is reading blogs and articles that are related to this topic. I highly appreciate your work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I must try carpet shampooing cleaning rather than spend lots of my time and waste my day in cleaning this kind of chores. You really give me some cool ideas about it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking for carpet shampooing cleaning services singapore article or related to it in the google and I found this information about it because you are passionate about writing blogs was kinda blessing for me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are really passionate in writing blogs about office carpet cleaning and It’s really nice of you, you really give us lots of good ideas about this topic.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I found favor in this writings since I was curious about carpet shampooing singapore and this one is kinda relate so I appreciate it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty cool posting! I will suggest it to my cool friends, If you mine I suggest office carpet cleaning service it was cool to have this one!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sometimes I don’t have any amor in reading blogs because I feel bored, but because I was curious about office carpet cleaning service I give some time to read and I choose your work and I think that I made the right choice so I thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Why your thoughts are so brilliant!? I really want what you're doing seems like you bring out the best in other people. Because lots of blog’s I’ve encountered was good but it doesn’t really encouraged people, for that I want to give you this curtain cleaning singapore maybe you find it helpful somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You're a smart cookie. No one see things like yours! And I’d love to join you in the way you see things and share useful thoughts, like this work you’ve made. I must also share to you this awesome office carpet cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was just checking some sites and saw this Terrific post! I really mean it, if you have carpet shampooing cleaning services singapore don’t hesitate to ask me.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Right amazing article! It amazes me so much! I thank you for this, if you need some helpful information regarding carpet shampooing singapore Im always open for you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fairly well said! You are so right! I wanna give you this carpet shampooing singapore you need to have this.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice thought came from you, I just noticed that this is about carpet shampooing service and it was the detailed information that I need to complete my research.

    ReplyDelete
  22. It’s very nice to read your work that relates to carpet cleaning service I consider this as a guide because you put lots of information here.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Why your thoughts are so brilliant!? I really want what you're doing seems like you bring out the best in other people. Because lots of blog’s I’ve encountered was good but it doesn’t really encouraged people, for that I want to give you this carpet shampooing singapore maybe you find it helpful somehow.

    ReplyDelete